Monday 20 February 2012

Does anybody know: Manufactures of Track and Sports Minatures


Has anybody ever found?

I ask on behalf of, ahem, a friend (nay I cannot deny it is a blood relation, an older brother), who despite a brief dally and foray with ACW miniatures several years back, he remains a board gamer rather than historical miniatures wargamer, with a very heavy sporting bias.

His simple request was for manufactures suitable for Athletics games (20mm, 25mm, 40mm or even 54mm size), namely track sprint races (100m, 200m and 400m). I have tried searching but I have failed dismally. Can anyone help? 

PS
Please note: In no way do I accept any responsibility for my readers getting into trouble via internet Google searches of "athletic models" sites.

3 comments:

Tim Gow said...

A 'friend' eh? I believe you...
Airfix used to do a set of footballers in 1/32 scale. What about converting subuteo footballers? I'm pretty sure one of the 'toy soldier' makers does athletes in metal 54mm, but they'll be rather pricey.

Peter Douglas said...

Geordie

Your best bet is Preiser, carried by every model Railroad store and available on line. They do track athletes in HO (and everything else in many scales)

http://www.preiser-figuren.de/shop.php?sid=f28fe37e7a6d4eee8738b46bd784c47f&lang=en
Cheers

PD

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Hello Tim, 54mm does sound "expensive" I'll check the other scales out first

Peter, thanks, I see Preiser do a "wide range", from the Pope to WW2 Infantrymen

There may be something somewhere in their ranges