Tuesday 19 August 2014

Persian 28mm Spara Bara

Danger! Danger! Threat of "scale duplication" and a "shiny project" appearing from out of NOWHERE!

Literally "given to me as a present" as the leftover 'spares' from a small Impetus Army from "another wargamer" (with a cunning 'evil master plan' to get me hooked) these SparaBara are a tempting lure to get me disinterested in my 15mm metal Ancients collection and start 'scale spanning' into 25mm plastics.

Naturally I am treating it as a pure academic painting exercise. We will see how long before my resistance breaks and I start planning an "order of battle" (see below):


I took them on a recent family holiday to Norfolk, my night times were pleasantly passed comsuming a nice cold lager or brandy and lemonade, while assembling the Sparabara (see below):


Enough for two units of twelve figures each in Impetus or five double based and a single base in DBMM ;)

The good thing that I like about Impetus armies in 28mm is that it allows each unit to be a diorama exercise in its own right and if far less figure intensive than a DBM or DBMM equivalent army.

So there I have my dilemma, go the scenic Impetus route or the more standard and pragmatic DBMM 

3 comments:

Sean said...

Nice looking figures. Can you go the sabot basing route? That way you could use them across multiple game types. I also like the look of the Virgin Queen game board for a DBR campaign map.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

That could be a cunning plan in the making ;)

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

I second the Sabot basing option. I will be doing this with the new Vitrix Mid republican Romans. I want to be able to use the figures for FOG & Hail Caesar along with other systems. With all the amazing new plastics coming out it becoming harder for me to stick to 15mm armies (which i still love).