Friday 10 February 2017

A paper book I am reading courtesy of Connections 2016 ... Reality is Broken .. Gaming

The name says it all ... the good guys and gals are the ones playing games or designing them ... have to say along with my other diatribe on ... books I have too many and they take too long to read ... I am slowly working my way through this one (see below):


I have already "listened to" Jane McGonigal's SuperBetter book (or rather audio version of the printed book) and can highly recommend it (see below, if you squint your eyes that is, PS I would click on it to see a bigger version):


A mix between a self-help book and an interesting take on how to enjoy life more if you see yourself as playing "an EPIC game". Don't knock it until you have tried it ;)

3 comments:

Monty said...

Looks good, I'll check it out!

tim said...

I totally do not need more books on my "to read" pile, but those both sound interesting... I'll have to check them out! Thanks!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Glad to be of literary service.

I am still reading the above "Reality is Broken" but flew through SuperBetter on teh audio version, I can really recommend that one from Amazon Audible