Wednesday 3 April 2019

Role Playing (D&D) Monsters .. Large Serpent

In preparation for a friends re-union and introduction to role playing (D&D 5th Edition) to my eldest I was rummaging through lead figures that had not yet acquired a coat of paint. I was surprised to find not that many of my original Fantasy figures unpainted. The LOTR range is another matter and best left for another day. Here are a couple of my highlights (see below, from my "character" selection I have five fighter/mining Dwarfs [Note the duplicated behind them, they came as a box of ten figures but five poses - a good squad and a bad squad?] and a female magic-user, plus three ranger types [Grenadier?], an old plastic Games Workshop Drow Crossbowman - and a "crazy" Dwarf wizard):


I also found some old 'creature' packs from Citadel useful for those random dungeon encounters to liven things up (see below, five snakes and serpents, five small [but as big as a dog] lizards and five giant rats):


Just a little extra to do on the basing but I thought this one came up quite well (see below, standing head high to a Dwarf this I think is best classed as a 'serpent' rather than lowly 'snake'):


All fun stuff and good to get the brushes a work out on the fantasy stuff, using the Vallejo Game Range of paints.

No comments: