Sunday 14 April 2019

I succumbed - 5th Edition D&D Players Handbook

After reading the Starter Set cover-to-cover does it come as a surprise to anyone I just 'had to' go and get the Players Handbook so I could roll up some PC's of my own or some interesting NPCs? I thought not (see below, colourful - nice artwork and entertainingly written, it has even got my son reading which in this electronic age is an achievement): 


Next Stop: The Dungeon Masters Guide, when I save up my pocket money that is!

2 comments:

Fraxinus said...

My first edition is in the library! last played D & D last year good fun by second session, my return to it has faltered as trying to get people together with our busy lives to play is not easy and then you loose the thread

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

So true

I was actually very impressed with the way in which D&D has found itself again in 5th Edition

In many ways it has gone back to its "adventure roots"
The system is very streamlined

Magic-Users also "kick-ass"
No longer becoming useful at 5th level
And everybody seems to be a least a bit "part-thief"

Have fun
:)