Tuesday 13 October 2020

Blood Red Skies

 I finally gave in. With copies of the original becoming scare and my Blood Red Skies wargaming friends constantly buzzing with enthusiasm I had to jump onto the train before it left the station (see below, "my" copy of Blood Red Skies - I am now officially a BRS person): 


The classic 1940 Battle Britain dogfight starter kit, soon I believe to be replaced with version 2 Midway(?) if my sources are to be believed (see below, the unboxing): 


1/200 scale planes. Another scale I have a Spitfire in. Well they also match my Skytrex Action 1/200 .. but I cannot see a cross over (yet). Games will come but I need to do the first thing all new BRS players have to do - even before reading the rules - paint the planes

6 comments:

Paul Liddle said...

It is a grand game Geordie, I got my starter set for Christmas gone. It was ideal for me because I could play it straight from the box without painting the planes. In the better spring weather I bought the transfers (which should have been included in the box IMO) and got them painted. I look forward to seeing yours in action.
Regards,
Paul.

Renko said...

Welcome!
I's strongly recommend decals from either Warlord or MiscMinis - the in box "stickers" are designed with a 6 year old in mind

Renko said...

On the stickers - keep them - they are useful for differentiating your clouds and which high cover markers are which

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks Gents
Thanks for the heads up on the stickers Renko
Much appreciated :)

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Coming soon - Autumn 2020 - Airfix -
https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/airfix-blood-red-skies.html

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Certainly looks "big and beautiful" Man of Tin ;)