Saturday 17 October 2020

Painting Imperialis Aeronautica - Navy Thunderbolt

Some opposition was required for the Orc Dakka Dakka Jet. A smooth looking cool dude, a little bit like Stingray's colours for me, [one for the Gerry Anderson oldies] but I see that as a good thing (see below in a flat base of Vallejo "Imperial Blue" and "Golden Yellow" on the tail): 


I was also cruelly thinking that the model reminded me of a Formula One Racing Car hitting a Saab Viggen; finally if you ask me and also quite big and chunky for a fighter - but I still like it! (see below, WIP with the base colour - kind of a WWII US Pacific War colour scheme): 


Highlighted and passed fit for the wargames table (see below, battle ready and taken to the air!)


Video's I found online, but in the end I did my own thing with the paints that were just to hand: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2mg5GGVSoo

No comments: