Sunday 29 October 2023

10mm Pendrakon British Cold War and their Paint Schemes

While at Pendrakon HQ, on impulse I picked up a couple of packets of their lovely 10mm Cold War British. To be honest this was on a bit of a whim and fancy - as most of my wargaming projects start (see below, confession - I thought these were the normal Ferrets (Reece Scout Cars), but on closer inspection these were the Vigilant Swingfire Anti-Tank missile version, which all seems a tad exotic and heavy hitting for a lightly armoured Recce Scout Car - careful before you to decide to engage that T-55 or T-62):  


The other packet I picked up was much more of a rarity or stylish collector piece - the last true British Heavy Tank (before they became designated MBTs I think). It's roots lay in tank design and thinking in the late 1944's. Perhaps they were thinking of something taking on the likes of the German Tiger, King Tiger and Panther classes of tanks (see below, the British Conqueror, it is a fantastic model - looking a bit Sci-Fi if you ask me, but the T-55 had a ceratin out of this world look to it too):


The kits were staring at me in their unfinished silver so I quickly primed them in my favourite Airfix Acrylic Grey and set about looking for teh official looking Vallejo painting guides to give me a list of paint codes to chase. Luckily for Flames of War - Team Yankee they had a Cold War British Camouflage Pack, even better I already had the paints (see below, a Conqueror in a weather base coat, not finished but it is starting to look the part): 


Other wargamers who preceding me [many thanks Stefanof] giving advice is always welcome: 


Vallejo reference material from:


More of this to come, in due course, methinks.

2 comments:

Jim Jackaman said...

I do like a bit of Cold War BAOR armour!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Totally agree Jim
I need to do some friendly infantry too
And some "angry" Warsaw Pact counterparts!