Monday 2 October 2023

Sting Ray Toy - Junk or Treasure

Intercepted before the dustbin claimed it, I stare looking down at a tiny Sting Ray toy and "see" some recoverable sci-fi potential in it, or am I just too sentimental (or a hoarder) to lets things like this go (see below, I can visualise those Gerry Anderson puppets, the mermaid being the favourite and Sting Ray's torpedoes heading towards the reptilian green "Killer Fish" ships): 


Saved from the breakers yard today (after one of those epic house cleaner sojourns .. new kitchen - say no more, where all manner of odds and sods appear from nooks and crannies. Do I keep to the original TV series colour scheme or choose a "better" camouflage scheme?

4 comments:

Simon said...

Stand by for action! Depends what you intend to do with the model? I would keep it original and look at the new Crooked Dice miniatures.

Martin Rapier said...

It isn't Stingray unless it is in its proper colour scheme. Besides Troy and Phones spent most of their time at Dinner Parties with Atlanta while Marina looked mournful.

Cjwt147@gmail.com said...

Keep the original paint scheme, design a really impressive stand.

Archduke Piccolo said...

Every time I have a sushi for lunch, I eye those little fish-shaped soy sauce containers and think 'Aquaphibian Terror Fish'. They don't become ATFs of course; I don't have a Stingray vessel, and nor do I want to start yet another project. So they fetch up in the bin, drained, naturally, of their contents.

All the same, Aquaphibian T Fish comes to mind every time.
Cheers,
Ion