Monday 30 October 2023

Airfix 1/72 Shooting Star - Korean War

After reading a good book on a subject, I invariably get the itchy modelling fingers. So it was with the Korean War book from Max Hastings. I therefore bought an in period model kit to make. As it happened it was a "model I missed as a child", aka the Airfix Shooting Star (re-released in the Vintage Kit series for old nostalgic fogies like me to buy). As a kid I was still very much a "WWII Spitfire Propeller" aficionado. I thought jets were a bit like cheating and not as interesting as the "piston-engine" planes (see below, I did not quite understand jets, I thought they were flying vacuum cleaners):  


A bucket-list project for the winter months. This also means I will be on the lookout for Airfix re-releasing their Mig-15 [and as Bob Cordery pointed out .. The Gloster Meteor as flown by the RAAF and just as importantly, available in Airfix Vintage].

4 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Geordie,

I do hope that your not going to ignore the Meteor ... which is still one of my favourite first generation jet fighters.

All the best,

Bob

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good call
It is on "the list"

pancerni said...

Are you going to hang them from the ceiling, as in the old days?

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

That's the plan .. but borrowing the teenagers bedroom ceiling's as teh==he wife might not (as in not) approve!