Wednesday 12 January 2022

model Shop Bliss: 1/72 Plastic (Pegasus Miniatures) 1965 Vietnam USMC Figures

To my delight in a local village across from me I discovered [well I was "tipped off" about] a new little model shop (or rather one that had relocated out of an urbanised centre), you know the kind filled to the brim with an eclectic collection of scales, types and periods. Along side Scalextric, Hornby and radio controlled models I found the precious plastic, paint and glue. A good rummage I did have and found a pack of Pegasus 1/72 scale Vietnam USMC figures that can supplement my ESCI/Italeri range (see below, the finding of something was half [or more than half] the thrill - very, very nice figures): 


Reflection: There is something unfulfilling about internet shopping and by the power of the search engine being, swamped for choice, meaning there is less certainty in knowing what you want, or rather - wanting it all instead and getting frustrated by what you can afford. Whereas finding something amongst a heap of 'other' stuff and then convincing yourself you actually do want it has an "effort and reward filter" - plus that random element of pot-luck. As (I thought) Bertrand Russell once said, "into every system a little chaos should be sown" but I have not managed to source this quote on Google!

3 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

Good find. I'd much rather browse through a pile of cr*p in a shop than endlessly search for stuff online. Yes, it works for some/many things but it isn't as satisying experience.

Norm said...

There is a joy just about being in a model shop, that internet shopping can never touch. Sadly, they are becoming few and far between. My nearest (25 miles) closed last year.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

We seem to be of like minds Martin/Norm :)