Seeing as I had a few Citadel Washes lying around I thought this was just the ticket for my Eldar impulse purchases. See below for a Vallejo "Bone White" undercoat with a wash of Citadel "Baal Red", for a "slightly pink" Eldar Guardian:
Another Edlar Guardian gets a 'brown effect' with the same Vallejo "Bone White" undercoat and an "Ogryn Flesh" Citadel Wash (see below):
It certainly made a difference in being able to pick the detail out, and I was fairly impressed. No further forward with the real painting but I could see far more of the model. I continued the painting experiment using what paints I had to hand (see below):
I followed the painting guide theme as per the packet illustration using:
- Anita's Acrylics "Earth Brown" mixed with Anita's Acrylics "Dark Red" for the armour
- Mixing in Games Workshop's "Sunburst Yellow" fpr good highlighting effect with the above
- Anita's Acrylics "Midnight Blue" mixed with Anita's Acrylics "Cream" for the weapon
- Anita's Acrylics "Cream" was also used neat for the helmet
- Anita's Acrylics "Metallic Black" was mixed with Games Workshops "Mithril Silver for some 'exhausty' vent things on the back of the model
- Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black X-18 was used on the visor and arm bracelet, the former flecked with "Midnight Blue + Cream" eye slots
- The breast and arm gems were painted with Games Workshop Goblin Green and a touch of Anita's Acrylic "Cream" added for a highlight
Starship Trooper for Hire (see above), suits you sir.
Of the Games Workshop Science Fiction "races" I enjoy painting 'selected' items of the:
Empire Space Marines
- (and now)Eldar.