Wednesday 28 March 2012

A Gun For All Seasons

I finally managed to paint and base a second artillery piece for my Renaissance "Impetus" Heavy Artillery unit (see below). A classic from the Games Workshop 'Empire' fantasy range, but a good enough match to the Renaissance for me. The 'new' gun is the left hand side, a dirtier bronze than the pristine one on the right.


It was great fun painting theses fellows as the old 'Empire' figures are full of character (see below). I used the standard three tone technique: Base, shade and highlight from a mixture of my end of life Games Workshop Citadel paint collection, their Vallejo replacements and the very useful Anita Acrylics colours.    


Multiple models in a battery or formation just reinforces how difficult these things would be to move and helps the player refrain from fantastic wheels of more than 45 degrees.


I just hope these chaps do me proud on the battlefield, well painted troops have a tendency  to rout going by  my experience ;)

5 comments:

DeanM said...

Beautiful looking pieces - they look the part. Best, Dean

Rodger said...

Wonderful painting!

Unknown said...

Very nice work here

Cheers

Seb

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement

They are much appreciated :)

Erhntly said...

very nice paint, i like there.
Erhan