Tuesday 8 November 2016

Weekend Plastic Frenzy (2) PSC 250/1, PSC 250/7 (mortar) and PSC 250/11

The good thing about PSC kits is that they literally "fly together" when you get "in the zone". In particular there was not much fiddling to be down with these German 250 half tracks. These are Recon specials IMHO. I was torn between which variants to put together. If I had been sensible I would have made the standard 250/1's. However I could not resist the mortar variant (250/7), sense took over me and I then made a 250/1 but then despite already having two ESCI 250/10's I just had to make the alternative Anti-Tank support variant 250/11 (see below):


It was a very relaxing Saturday and I like the extra 2.8cm sPzB 41 (Panzerbuchse) heavy anti-tank rifle you get. Methinks I will have to get another box to make up purely as 250/1's. I should really paint these boys German Grey

5 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Stop teasing me with these Geordie!

I have 7 or so of the Esci ones on the table tonight!

Still waiting for them to put out the Neu variant before I commit to buying more.

Good skills.

Tim Gow said...

You have been busy! Are the glue fumes getting to you yet?

DaveM said...

Great kit this one. Know exactly what you mean about the temptation to build variants other than what you should be for your TOE.

Cheers, Dave

Al said...

Nice one Geordie!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks lads

Paul: Nice to be the one teasing you for a change
The old Esci ones would drive me mad with all those small parts, god luck

Tim: My excuse is that I found "a box of plastic" in the loft which was the last items of several WWII projects

DaveM: It does not take much temptation to distract me
I will have to but another pack of these

Al: It is good to get some traction into WWII again