Tuesday 5 June 2018

Early Imperial Romans WIP Update

Early Imperial Romans don't look Roman until you give them their shields (see below, the first stage):


The plan is to paint up these nine Romans and have them fight a hoard of Ancient Britons who come at them individually. This mini-game can be one of his summer-term school projects. It is quite inspiring to see my youngster get interested in Roman stuff. His preferred shield design is quite complicated so I might just slip on the Warlord Games decals when he is not looking (see below):


Again to me, 28mm Early Imperial Romans (Warlord Games or Wargames Foundry) are one of those iconic wargaming musts that need to be in your collection .. it goes without saying they need Celts, Gauls or Ancient Britons to fight too. It dates to circa 200610 in my wargame diary, so I am only a decade late. I figured I better do this bucket list item before I run out of decades ;)

2 comments:

David said...

Have you seen the Dan Mersey book on the period? I haven't got it myself but it has had great reviews and might provide further inspiration

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

No, I will have to look this one up
I have a ton of reading to catch up with