Tuesday 12 December 2017

Another Winter Warmer Wargaming Project #2: The Portable Wargame - Thoughts and Scenarios

This is very much on my radar, I've read it, now need to play it (which always is fun trying to remember the rules once read but now faded from memory). The good thing is that it can be done solo! (see below, several other bloggers have already "boldly gone before" where I hope to follow):


Roll of Honour (of blogged battles, note: by no means exhaustive):
The last one is the first one I want to replay from the Portable Wargame book!
Also a link to Rob Cordery's Pre-Dreadnought Rules:
The follow-on book takes the concept into other periods (see below):


So yes, I need to first do a few replays from "the book" and other peoples blogs (see blog list above) then explore my "own battles" across a range of periods (Note: Fantasy and Sci-Fi are not excluded).

GOAL: To get a portable game played through before Xmas.

2 comments:

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

You are in for a treat and no mistake! Oddly enough most of my Portable Wargames took place before the books came out although I am keen to revisit them over the holiday period.

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I plan to get a quiet moment or two over Xmas David
"The plans of mice and men"?